First thing I notice about sweet & sour chicken at restaurants is that it's too DOUGHY. The breading is actually more fluffy than that of the crispy chicken of General Tso's Sesame Chicken. I like the balance of the sauce, along with the bell peppers and onions though. That being said, here is my take on sweet & sour chicken, with our umami-packed WUJU Sweet & Sour Sauce.
Tip: You can replace chicken with another favorite: shrimp, eggplant, or just add more vegetables!
1 pound chicken breast
1 cup of WUJU Sweet & Sour Sauce
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 bell peppers
- Slice chicken to about 1/2 - 1 inch pieces, then set it aside
- Slice up onions and peppers, then set it aside
- Heat up pan / wok and add in 1 tablespoon of oil
- Cook chicken all the way through for about 5-7 minutes
- Remove from heat and clean your pan / wok
- Again, heat up pan / wok and add in 1 tablespoon of oil
- Add onion and peppers into the oil and cook for about 30 seconds
- Pour in your WUJU Sweet & Sour Sauce then spread it around in the pan, simmering the vegetables
- Finally, add in the sliced chicken and cook it with the sauce for another minute