Ingredients for 2 servings:
● 3⁄4 cup of jasmine rice
● 1 cup of water
● 1⁄2 cup of diced carrot
● 1⁄4 cup of frozen peas
● 1⁄4 cup of onion
● 1⁄2 cup of kimchi
● 2 eggs
● Soy sauce seasoning to taste
● 1 tbsp of sesame oil
● Green onions for serving
Note: I do recommend cooking the jasmine rice the night before serving in the rice cook and let it slightly dry in a sheet pan (uncovered) in the refrigerator. It gives a nice texture to the rice.
1. Cook the jasmine rice in the rice cook. If you are using a stove, then fill rice with water
and cook on low medium heat. Let it dry uncovered overnight if desired.
2. In a large skillet on medium high heat, cook the carrots in sesame oil for about 2-3
minutes, add in the onions and cook for an additional 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Add
the cooked rice into the skillet and mix to combine. Add the green peas. Season the rice
with soy sauce seasoning.
3. Cut the large pieces of kimchi and add it to the skillet along with cabbage juices. Stir well
and cook until rice is warmed up.
4. Fry two over easy eggs and serve over the kimchi fried rice and top with additional soy
sauce seasoning and green onions.